Monday, October 20, 2014

the paper plunge #4 and a creative blog hop


hi momma, tracey and friends old and new!

last week was a crazy one-fun, but crazy...and although i never got to post my card on the paper plunge for the tag-you're it! challenge...i thought i'd show you what i did...i have to say, i love this card!  it is a bit more simple than my usual flair, and i really love it!



stamp sets:  flower patch, good greetings
ink: elegant eggplant, old olive, cherry cobbler, crushed curry, stazon black
cardstock:  very vanilla, elegant eggplant cherry cobbler, under the tree specialty designer series 
extras:  polka dots embossing folder, flower fair framelits, pearls, cherry cobbler seam-binding ribbon, retired red organza ribbon and gold cord

so there you have it...the card that never made it to 'press'!

last week, amanda frankle from our crafty playdate nominated me to participate in the creative blog hop.  i was tickled pink, to say the least.  i have never met amanda, however, i consider her a dear friend.  she asked me to join her as a designer for the paper plunge and i have been connected to her ever since!  i enjoy her blog and her amazing talents...especially when it comes to 3-d projects!  

1.  What am I working on right now?  this one is kinda easy...my next submission for the paper plunge!  here is a little sneak peak:

i'm sure you can guess the challenge for next week, huh?  in addition to creating for the paper plunge, i am holding a club this friday with six wonderfully amazing ladies!  i am in the middle of deciding what our theme will be so that is on my brain and all over my table.  one thing is for sure, i like to put a little treat at their spots for when they arrive.  i just recently saw this candy bar holder and thought everyone would love it...

2.  How does my work differ from others in my genre?  when it comes to card making, the trend is clean and simple.  it is also pretty eclectic...with washi tape, gorgeous grunge and splashes of color here and there.  i love the new look.  i, however, am a traditional butterfly and flower kinda girl.  i LOVE lots of layers and fussy cutting!  simple cards are the hardest for me to make...i can't help it!  here are a couple of my favorites..

3.  Why do I create what I do?  plain and simple...it makes me happy.  working in my lady cave is pure joy for me, especially when i am coloring and cutting.  i also find myself thinking about whether or not my crafty ladies would like a project...they tend to dictate some of what i do.  their successes and pure joy in what they can do also makes me happy!

4.  How does my creative process work?  most of the time, i am inspired by a challenge, another card i have seen, a color combination or by something i saw (one of my favorite inspirations came from a blouse a woman was wearing in front of me at church!).  from there, an idea/design will pop into my head...usually as i'm trying to fall asleep! gah!  then it's down to the lady cave and i let the magic happen.  some cards come to me quickly and some may take me hours to make...all the same, it's time i love!

i hope you have enjoyed getting to know a bit more about me as much as i have loved sharing with you!  i am humbled by amanda asking me to participate in this hop.  be sure to back track beginning with amanda's blog to get your creative juices flowing and for some incredible inspiration!  

now...i get to nominate someone to share their creativity with you! helen burnley at blue dahlia designs is a lovely lady i met at this past summer's stampin' up! convention.  we actually met on the plane on the way to utah.  she reached out her hand without hesitation and i have enjoyed our connection on the paper plunge ever since.  it was actually helen that told amanda about me in the first place.  i have her to thank for giving me this opportunity!  helen is, quite simply, very talented!  she has such an eye for colors, layering and textures...i know you will enjoy her work if you have not had the pleasure of seeing it already!  check out her blog next week to see what drives her creativity and talents!

there is a german proverb that says, "what flatterers say, try to make true."  i hope i continue to inspire anyone, anyone at all, in their quest in making beautiful things!  craft on, my friends!

thank you for stopping by...i appreciate you-

peace be with you,
leslie









No comments:

Post a Comment