Monday, April 20, 2015

a creative blog hop

hi there tracey, momma, friends old and new!

last week, (okay, so it was not last week...maybe couple weeks ago...), helen from blue dahlia designs nominated me to participate in the creative blog hop.  i was tickled pink, to say the least.  i met helen on a plane out of philly last year when i was on my way to stampin' up!s convention in utah.  she was sooo sweet right off the bat and outstretched her hand, which i gladly accepted...she asked me to join her on a tour of the salt flats.  the rest is history!  when i returned home, she asked me to consider becoming a designer for the paper plunge and i have been connected to her ever since!  i love helen for being nice to me that day!  i enjoy her blog and her amazing talents...and you will, too.  i promise!

1.  What am I working on right now?  this one is kinda easy...my next submission for the paper plunge!  here is a little sneak peak:

i'm sure you are curious about the challenge for next week, huh?  in addition to creating for the paper plunge, i am holding a club this friday with six wonderfully amazing ladies!  i am in the middle of deciding what our theme will be so that is on my brain and all over my table.  


2.  How does my work differ from others in my genre?  when it comes to card making, the trend is clean and simple.  it is also pretty eclectic...with washi tape, gorgeous grunge and splashes of color here and there.  i love the new look.  i, however, am a traditional butterfly and flower kinda girl.  i LOVE lots of layers and fussy cutting!  simple cards are the hardest for me to make...i can't help it!  here are a couple of my favorites..

3.  Why do I create what I do?  plain and simple...it makes me happy.  working in my lady cave is pure joy for me, especially when i am coloring and cutting.  i also find myself thinking about whether or not my crafty ladies would like a project...they tend to dictate some of what i do.  their successes and pure joy in what they can do also makes me happy!

4.  How does my creative process work?  most of the time, i am inspired by a challenge, another card i have seen, a color combination or by some thing i saw (one of my favorite inspirations came from a blouse a woman was wearing in front of me at church!).  from there, an idea/design will pop into my head...usually as i'm trying to fall asleep! gah!  then it's down to the lady cave and i let the magic happen.  some cards come to me quickly and some may take me hours to make...all the same, it's time i love!

i hope you have enjoyed getting to know a bit more about me as much as i have loved sharing with you!  i am humbled by helen asking me to participate in this hop.  be sure to back track beginning with helen's blog to get your creative juices flowing and for some incredible inspiration!  

now...i get to nominate someone to share their creativity with you!  Jodi McKinney from the life in between is a lovely lady i happen to have a blog crush on...as my daughter would say!  we have never actually met, but after reading her daily posts, i think we would be great friends if we did!  jodi is quite simply, very talented!  she has such an eye for colors, whether in paper crafting or painting, shares wonderful recipes and photographs, or tells a wonderful story...i know you will enjoy her work if you have not had the pleasure of seeing it already!  check out her blog next week to see what drives her creativity and talents!

thank you for stopping by-
i appreciate you.

until next time-
peace be with you.

2 comments:

  1. awh! what an honor! Thanks Leslie! I ADORE your work and talent as well! I look forward to participating in the fun creative blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! i am so humbled you agreed to participate, jodi! i look forward to reading what inspires you! thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind words! xo

      Delete